About The Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1999 with the vision of developing the department as a a center of excellence for advanced technology and enhancement of knowledge in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering for the rural community.The Department was started in the year 1999 with the intake of 60 students .The intake was increased to 90 & 120 in the year 2002 and 2007 respectively . Electronics and Communication Engineering plays a pivotal role in shaping our world’s technological landscape, from the smallest components in smartphones to the grandest infrastructure of power grids. This field constantly evolves to meet the ever-changing demands of society, embracing sustainable practices, energy-efficient solutions, and cutting-edge research to address global challenges.
To create internationally competent Engineers and to develop a center of excellence for advanced technology and enhancement of knowledge in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering for the rural community.
- To provide competent teaching learning process with broad instructional substance.
- To enhance proficiency for consultancy activities in assistance with Industry-Institute Interaction.
- To nurture critical thinking, entrepreneurial skills and leadership qualities among future,Communication and Networking plays a crucial role in developing communication protocols, wireless networks, and Internet infrastructure, fostering global connectivity and information exchange. .
- To nurture critical thinking, entrepreneurial skills and leadership qualities among future .
- Graduates will have sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and
Engineering Fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze
- Graduates will have the Potential to Analyze, create the program by solving
the mathematical abstraction.
- Graduates will have sound knowledge on analog and digital circuits, its
functional units and modeling Complex Engineering Problem, Graduates will be able to enhance the impact of engineering solutions for the
need of social, Environmental Contents for Sustainable developments..
- Graduates will be able to qualify, verify and validate the system developed for
the end-user which in turn for Society.
- Invention of the first electronic amplifier by Lee De Forest in 1906.
- The invention of the vacuum tube in 1907 and Development of the first Ethernet protocol for local area networks (LANs) by Robert Metcalfe in 1973.
- Development of the first practical transistor by Bardeen, Brattain, and Shockley at Bell Labs in 1947.
- Invention of the first microprocessor by Intel in 1971.
- Introduction of the first cellular phone in 1983.