About The Department
The mechanical engineering department, commonly referred to as the Mech department, is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, construction, and maintenance of mechanical systems. This includes machines, engines, heating and cooling systems, robotics, and manufacturing processes. Mechanical engineers are involved in a wide range of industries, including automotive, aerospace, energy, biomedical, and consumer goods. They use principles of physics, materials science, and mathematics to design and analyze mechanical systems and their components.
To accomplish and maintain international eminence and become a model institution for higher learning through dedicated development of minds, advancement of knowledge and Professional application of skills to meet the global demands.
- Attain leadership in planning and resource management so as to improve the quality and accessibility of technical education.
- Produce graduates of International distinction, committed to integrity, professionalism and lifelong learning by widening their knowledge horizons in range and depth.
- Enable students shine in their academic pursuits; make them sensitive to the needs of the progressive industrial world.
- Organize a pluralistic and supportive environment that will stimulate scholars, students and staff of the highest caliber and contribute immensely to the process of Nation building through partnership with Community and Industry.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT : A major fraction of our graduates will pursue advanced studies, research and industrial product development in the field of Mechanical engineering through developing partnerships with industrial and research agencies there by serving the needs of the industry, government, society and scientific community.
- PROFESSIONALISM : Our graduates will be capable of building their own careers upon a solid foundation of knowledge and a strong sense of responsibility to serve their profession and society ethically.
- PROFICIENCY IN SOFT SKILLS : Our graduates will have effective communication, leadership, teaming, problem solving and decision making skills by understanding contemporary issues thereby contributing to their overall personality and career development.
- Average Graduation Rate of 90%
- Placement Record of 95%
- Revenue Generated from funded Projects 15.50 lakhs
- Organized International Workshop on Computer Aided Engineering and Robust Design- IWCAERD-2013
- Anna university athletic meet – Mr.G.Kathiravan , achieved individual championship awar.