- Microsoft Campus Agreement for all the softwares
- High Speed Internet with 34 Mbps BSNL Leased line
- Student Project Support
- Support for seminar,sysmposiam,presentation
- Maintenance of SKPEC Website
- Maintenance of Online students data management of SKPEC
- Complete campus network solution
- Fully air-conditioned laboratories
- Web services.
With the modern technological up gradation and the use of laptop by the students, the students gain exposure to advanced level of teaching like video conferencing for delivering quality lectures to a large number of students.
34 Mbps BSNL Leased line
The Internet provided by the Central Computing Center also makes many things. The students are provided the facility to update their knowledge through the use of Internet. Our college has 34 MBPS BSNL leased line connected to more than 1000 terminals with WI-FI Technology throughout the campus. Student and faculty are free to access internet after the regular working hours. The access speed enables the staff and students to download and upload files at a faster rate.
- Enterprise Class Servers
- Heterogeneous IT Infrastructure
- State of art ESM competency center
- Secured Robust network setup.
- IBM mid level, Enterprise Servers
- SUN Fire 280 R Server
- IBM Netfinity 5500 servers
- p-series P615 Unix Server (Regatta)
- CISCO Routers and Switches with enterprise-class security lab enabling CCIE practice
- Sonic wall 3250 series firewall.
- Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 9.0, Linux 9, and Windows 200X.
- Development Environment: Programming language-1, C, C++, Visual Age JAVA, MQ Series, J2EE,
- Database Management: DB2 SQL Server 2000, Oracle 11i
- ESM Tools: CA – Enterprise (Unicenter) , Remedy
- Network Management: SolarWinds , CISCO WORKS.
- switched network, ATM and Gigabit Ethernet technologies as backbone and fast Ethernet for the desktops.
- SKP has adequate number of leased and ISDN lines for our internet.
Centre of Excellence
In Centre of Excellence, We conduct a “Students empowerment program” for students of CSE, ECE & IT departments from 3rd year till the end of Final year in where they are selected through a transparent mechanism.
Benefits of the program:
- Deep knowledge of the subject/topic
- Confidence to build own web or mobile application
- Take on freelance jobs by the final year
- Simulation of office environment
- Content tailored for hands on and project wise approach
- Illustrative demonstrations and teaching mechanisms
- Communication skills and Personality makeover.
- Pave road for successful career.
Director, Centre of Excellence
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
NSS Unit & Programme Officer
Our college has one NSS Unit consists of 100 student volunteers (50 first year + 50 second year). It is headed by Mr.T.SENTHIL Physical Director and acting as NSS Programme Officer. Our NSS Unit motivating the students to understand the values and philosophy of NSS. It helps the NSS volunteers to plan, implement and evaluate the activities of NSS. It also provides proper guidance, decision making skills and directions to the student volunteers.
National Service Scheme (NSS) is a permanent Youth Programme under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India and funded by Government of Tamil Nadu and Government of India in the ratio of 5:7.
Objective of NSS
The objective of National Service Scheme (NSS) is Development of student’s personality through Community Service.
The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU”.
The NSS symbol is based on the “Rath Wheel” of the Konark Sun Temple of Orissa. The giant wheel portrays the cycles of creation, preservation and release and signifies the movement in life across time and space. The design of the symbol, a simplified form of Sun Chariot Wheel primarily depicts movement. The wheel signifies the progressive cycle of life. The symbol thus stands for continuity as well as change and implies the continuous striving for social change.
The NSS symbol is embossed on the NSS badge. The NSS volunteers wear it while undertaking any programme or community service. The konark wheel in the symbol has eight bars, which represent the 24 hours of the day. Hence, the badge reminds the wearer to be in readiness for the service of the nation round the clock i.e. for 24 hours. The Red Colour in the badge indicates that the NSS volunteers are full of blood i.e. lively, active energetic and full of high spirit. The Navy Blue Colour indicates the cosmos of which the NSS is a tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
NSS was formally launched on 24th September 1969, the birth Centenary year of Father of Nation. Therefore, 24 September is celebrated every year as NSS Day with appropriate programmes and activities.
The major activities of NSS are special camping and regular activities. Every year special camp is being conducted in our adopted village. Regular activities includes the following,
- Blood donation camp
- Tree plantation
- Assistance to our college library
- Basic computer class to government schools
- Visit to mentally retarded homes
- Cancer awareness camp
- Collecting fund for blind people
- Rally on Voters’ day
- Free eye check up camp
- International women’s day
- Special camp to apply passport
- World book day.